Passover weekend is a family favorite, and the skies are supposed to clear up in time for Easter Sunday. Here are 7 fun activities, from family fun to boozing and cruising, that you can explore this holiday weekend.
1. The Easter Parade and Bonnet Festival is a sight to behold. Get your craft on and show up to St. Patrick’s Cathedral around 10am on Sunday. The parade goes up Fifth Avenue from 49th Street to 57th Street. Photo: Virginia Rowland.
2. Easter Egg Hunts can be found all over the city, with adults-only Easter egg hunts in Central Park at 11:30am on Saturday and Slattery’s Midtown Pub from 1:30-4:30pm on Sunday. Other venues include: Friday 4/19 at J. Hood Wright Rec Center, Tony Dapolito Rec Center, Thomas Jefferson Rec Center; Saturday 4/20 in Prospect Park, Gantry Plaza State Park in LIC, Knox-Gates Playground in the Bronx, Herbert Von King Park Dog Run in Brooklyn; and Sunday 4/21 at Melrose New Generation Garden in the Bronx, First Quincy Street Community Garden in Brooklyn.
3. C3 Easter Festival is a free family event that includes a 10,000 chocolate egg hunt, music, and arts and crafts. Saturday beginning at 11am at 90 Kent Avenue in Brooklyn.
4. Harlem Easter Weekend Gospel Celebration will sing praises at Mt. Olivet Baptist Church beginning at 11am Saturday.
5. Henny Fest Easter Weekend attracts gin lovers to SoHo Park at 11pm Saturday to party til the wee hours.
6. Easter Fun Day Kids Cruise is just one of the many going on this weekend. Cruise to the Statue of Liberty with the Easter Bunny on Sunday at 1pm.
7. Easter Egg Workshop Get your creative juices flowing and make your own eggs to hide in Brooklyn this Saturday from 2-5pm, all supplies provided.