Have you hit a plateau? Are you tired of the Soul Cycle and Equinox scene? Are you just plain bored with your workout? Well, you’re in luck. NYC is at the mecca of the nationwide studio craze, and there are plenty of options to get you out of your doldrums and back on your game. Here are 11 options, segmented by activity:
- Rock out at The Monster Cycle, pictured above. Workouts are paired with music videos and #Gaybash rides benefit the LGBTQ community. 47 W. 20th St.
- Keep up your moves at Cyc Fitness, where your rides are paired with choreography and weightlifting. Never cycled before? Try it here because shoe rental is free! NoHo, Midtown, UES
3. At Punch Pedal House you get boxing (our next category) AND spinning. Just try not to punch out the cyclist next to you. 68 Washington St., BK
4. Think night club and boxing (but not in the brawl sort of way) and you have Rumble, the HIIT spot nobody can stop talking about. Flatiron, Chelsea, UES.
5. Box + Flow offers the unlikely bedfellows of boxing and yoga at its 55 Bond St. location.
6. The less-than-PC Overthrow has a punk rock vibe and an actual boxing ring. Bburg & NoHo.
7. Fithouse. You’ll notice there are a lot of “houses” on this list. This one has it all, from HIIT to hot yoga, barre to cardio bounce. And it’s $189 a month. Union Square & Tribeca.
8. At The Ness you’ll find mini classes, with no more than 12 people, featuring beat-based trampoline and strength classes. SoHo.
9. The photo says it all. At Performix House there are high expectations for you to give it your all–and afterwards you can reward yourself with an infrared sauna or cryotherapy. Greenwich Village.
10. Want a VS body? Join the VS Angels at Dogpound. Sure, you’ll be a little self conscious at first, but the results don’t lie. South Village.
11. Get your mind out of the gutter. SLT is an acronym for strengthen, lengthen, tone that subscribes to strength training and Pilates to get you supermodel-fit. 10 locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.