In contrast to last century’s roaring twenties, where people had to deal with a distressed economy and generalized panic stone cold sober, New York state has loosened up liquor laws to allow bars and restaurants to sell go-cups of beer, wine, and cocktails along with your takeout or delivery. Now there are even more ways of supporting local businesses while getting that much-needed beverage. Here are some places that serve drinks with your pickup and/or delivery.
1. PDF It stands for Please Don’t Tell, but we’re telling. This East Village speakeasy that’s hidden behind the phone booth in Crif Dogs has rolled out their cocktails to the front door, bottled up to go.
2. Dante has been around for more than 100 years, and last year it was voted the World’s Best Bar. We’re thrilled that we can now get Dante On Demand with just a few clicks.
3. Barbuto in the West Village is offering its to-go menu for pickup only from 4pm-8pm daily. For $8, you can get your order with a Cappelletti Spritz, Margarita, or Negroni.
4. The Smith has locations in Midtown, NoMad, Lincoln Square, and the East Village that offer takeout and delivery, and they’ll send you home with cocktails in these adorable little jars.
5. Llama Inn Drop by Williamsburg’s favorite Peruvian spot and add a Llama Del Rey straight from draught to your order. Pisco, Rum, red wine… what else do you need?
6. Jacob’s Pickles A Frozen Pickle Painkiller will really chase your troubles away. This UWS establishment offers their entire selection of signature cocktails with pickup or delivery via Uber Eats, Seamless, and Grubhub. And yes, that is bacon in that glass.
7. Dudley’s Espresso Martinis? Yes, Please. I mean, how else am I going to make it through all three seasons of Bored to Death by tomorrow night? This LES spot offers pickup and delivery.
8. Evelina Fort Greeners, boy are you in luck. Evelinas is sending home cocktails and wine with their takeout and delivery for 50% off. Open 5pm-9pm daily.
9. Ethyl’s Alcohol & Food The mood at this UES dive bar is straight from the ’70s, so of COURSE they understand the need for booze not just in challenging times, but at all times. Unfortunately, they don’t open ’til 4pm, so you’ll have to have your Mad Men lunch drink at home, but they’re open until 11 for pickup and deliver through Seamless and GrubHub.
10. Route 66 Smoke House Get some southern cookin’ in southern Manhattan–and with it some boozy sweet tea. This FiDi favorite has comfort written all over it.
11. Añejo? Hells yeah. Or reposado. Hey, it’s a crisis. We’ll even go blanco. But you want to hear the best part? You can get 32oz margs from their Tribeca and Hell’s Kitchen locations–pickup or delivery.
12. Patent Pending So here’s what we love about these guys–by giving out a free bag of chips they’ve completely circumvented to food rule. Better yet, if your order totals $50 or more, they’ll throw in a free roll of toilet paper.
Support your local businesses, and have some fun while doing it! We’re all in this together.