With sun in the forecast and temperatures expected to climb near 90 on Sunday, may we suggest some rooftops with a view to slake your thirst? Here are 10 gems ranging from lounge-around-all-day to party-all-night atmospheres.
1. Bar SixtyFive at the Rainbow Room. Ride the elevator to the 65th floor of Rockefeller Plaza and prepare to be pampered. This rooftop lounge is the place to sip in style.
2. Broken Shaker. In contrast, this bohemian bar with beach shack decor is a great place to take it easy, located on the top of The Freehand New York.
3. The Fleur Room. Enjoy 360-degree views from this trendy lounge on the 35th floor of the Moxy Chelsea.
4. Magic Hour. Don’t let the carousel and miniature golf fool you–Magic Hour is no place for kids. This is a party place, but you’ll have to venture into Times Square to get there.
5. A.R.T. is the Arlo Roof Top at the Arlo SoHo, and it’s where the beautiful people go to drink the day away.
6. Azul on the Rooftop. Experience the heat of Havana at this Cuban spot on top of the Hotel Hugo.
7. Mr. Purple. Located at the Hotel Indigo, this indoor/outdoor lounge also sports a pool.
8. Social Drink & Food is New York’s largest rooftop terrace. Don’t let its lack in stature (it’s on the fourth floor of Yotel) fool you. Enjoy excellent views as you sink your toes into the artificial turf.
9. The Roof at Public. You’ll want to get on the list. This trendy scene gets crow-ded, but the views can’t be beat.
10. Le Bain. No drinking list would be complete without a trip to the Standard High Line, where the pool, dance floor, and outdoor patio are sure to be memorable.