When it comes to moms, your time is the most precious thing you can give them. Make this Mother’s Day memorable with an excursion she won’t forget. If your mom doesn’t live close by, we’ve included a virtual run that you can do together as well as some gift ideas that will make her heart sing.
1. Mother’s Day Weekend Garden Party at New York Botanical Garden. On Mother’s Day weekend, NYBG will host a celebration both Saturday and Sunday from 10am-6pm. Festivities will include music, games, and picnicking in one of the most picturesque spots NYC has to offer. Take your mom away from it all and enjoy the peace and quiet of nature.
2. Mrs. Wonder Mother Run If your mom’s active but doesn’t live near you, sign up for this virtual run. You and your mom can schedule it in any city, at any time. Choose from a 1K, 5K, 10K, or half marathon. You can buy different packages so your mom gets a souvenir medal or t-shirt to commemorate your time “together.”
3. Mother’s Day Moroccan Style Arabesque in Midtown is hosting a unique Mother’s Day celebration, with a three-course Moroccan dinner, champagne, a DJ, and belly dancers.
4. Mother’s Day at MoMA Before the museum opens to the public, treat your mom to a breakfast in the Terrace 5 cafe overlooking the Sculpture Garden, then take an exclusive group tour of the museum guided by MoMA’s art experts.
5. Mother’s Day Paint & Sip Brunch Make your own art together while you sip BYO-whatever-mom’s-fave-is and exchange your artwork at the end so you both have something to remember your outing. Sunday from 11-6 at Garden 249 in Brooklyn.
6. Funny Women of a Certain Age Comedy Laugh until you cry at the Mother’s Day matinee, 4pm at Carolines on Broadway.
7. Deep Cleaning Treat your mom to a sparkling house that she doesn’t have to clean herself for a change. It’s easier than you think–book through Amazon Home Services. They’ll bring their own supplies.
8. Ember Temperature Control Mug Is mom a coffee or tea drinker? Ember keeps her drink hot and alerts her when it has reached her chosen sipping temperature.
9. Immortalize a family recipe. Original handwriting is etched on a plate or cutting board, available on Etsy.
10. Spa or mani/pedi gift certificate. Mom pampered you–literally–for years. Why not pamper her with a gift certificate to a nearby spa or her favorite nail salon?